Jim Rogers Interview with the Wall Street Journal on 25/7/11 — ‘The US has lost its ‘AAA’ status…
Jim Rogers was interviewed by the Wall Street Journal on July 25th 2011. He spoke about the supposed ‘Debt Ceiling Crisis’, the US dollar and US government bonds. See below for the video & summary.
- The Debt Ceiling ‘Crisis’ is a charade and primarily for publicity.
- Jim Rogers owns the US Dollar right now because everyone is so pessimistic (including him!). When everyone’s on one side of the boat, you should go to the other side for at least some time. Longer-term, however, Jim Rogers still doesn’t like the dollar.
- Jim Rogers doesn’t expect any real spending cuts. Politicians have been talking about cutting spending for years, and nothing has been done.
- The US has lost its ‘AAA’ status. The US is the largest debtor nation in the history of the world.
- Jim Rogers is short long-term US government bonds. He wouldn’t lend to the US government at 3%, 4%, 5% etc.
Recommended: Charting the Federal Reserve's Assets - 1915 to 2012