Jim Rogers on CNBC (9/9/11) — ‘I own probably more US dollars than I’ve owned in many years, and certainly more than most other currencies’
Jim Rogers was interviewed on CNBC TV on Friday (9/9/11). He spoke about the Euro, his portfolio and monetary policies. Importantly, he mentioned that he ‘probably [owns] more US dollars than [he's] owned in many years, and certainly more than most other currencies’! See below for the videos and summary.
- Crises usually happen in the fall!
- If Greece defaults (along with a few others), then the euro would go down at first. However, this would signify that Europe has a sound currency and you should then buy all the euros that you can!
- In America over the past few hundred years, there have been city, county and state bankruptcies; it didn’t end the US or the US dollar!
- Jim Rogers owns the Euro, commodities (especially precious metals and agricultural commodities), some currencies. He’s short stocks in Europe, the US and some emerging markets.
- “I own probably more US dollars than I’ve owned in many years, and certainly more than most other currencies.”
- The Bernank has promised to keep the ZIRP for two years. He has to be in the market forcing down interest rates.
- The SNB’s policy of intervening in the currency markets will fail.
Recommended: Charting the Federal Reserve's Assets - 1915 to 2012